Wednesday, April 14, 2010

CONGRATULATIONS!

Well, you can all call him "Doctor" now (although he might get annoyed!). Yes, I just walked in the door from Matt's defense of his dissertation and the professors came out with a grin, a hand shake, and a "Congratulations doctor." I was so proud! Matt felt really sick last night and didn't sleep at all, so I was praying he would be okay and he was awesome. He answered all of their questions, presented himself very professionally and they really encouraged him to keep working on the paper and get it published! I just thought you would all want to know!

I defend on Tuesday, so if you have a few extra prayers to give out I could use them. I still am finishing all of the edits from the professors and have to resubmit to the wonderful format people. I need to wrap that all up in the next two days. As long as all goes well for me we both graduate May 12th! Amazing!

We had an amazing trip to Mazatlan with my family which we had planned so long ago! It's hard to believe it is over. I do not have time to put up the pictures until my edits are done, so you might have to wait a day or two!

13 comments:

Greg and Tammy said...

Congratulations to Matt and Good Luck to you!!! You are both amazing and inspiring!

Bud & Kim said...

Yea congratulations! I thought I saw you over here applying for graduation the other day. I was on my way to the restroom and just missed you. I'll be praying for you until Tuesday!

Jessie said...

good job dr. garrett! and good luck to you jen! how exciting. :)

Chris said...

Yay for Matt! And Jen, you'll do fabulous! Bravo to you both (a little future congratulations for you, Jen, because you'll do great!)!

Brent and Nicole said...

Congrats Matt!! It was amazing to be with you guys and have Matt not working on a paper. That's never happened in the history of me being in this family. Also, I wonder if something was being spread around because I was super sick on Monday. Hope not... We miss you guys

Kimberly said...

Congratulations!

Allison said...

Congrats Matt!! :) And good luck Jen! :)

Amy said...

Congratulations Matt and good luck to you Jen!

Caryn said...

AWESOME! I love the name Dr. It's so... regal! I love you two! Oh let me count the ways!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heidi, Dallin, and Jacob said...

Congrats Matt! And best of luck to you, Jen! This must have been a rough semester/year for both of you to be finishing at the same time. I remember when Dallin was finishing his thesis I spent the better part of a couple weeks formatting and proof-reading for him, and with all my help he still barely made the deadline to turn it in. It's all the harder when you have to chase around a cute 2-year-old and work on your own instead of helping each other! That is so exciting that you are both almost done. I am sure Jen's defense will go great!

Jessica said...

WOW!! Congratulations to you both! Holy smokes you guys are awesome. We'll be praying for you :)

older but wiser said...

We were soooooo sad when you left us at WHS. You have accomplished so much and we are proud of you both.
Jane Kinsel

Natalie said...

Congrats to you too Jen!