Wednesday, August 18, 2010

22 Days Until Daddy

Our morning began with a long walk for exercise. I exercise every morning, but Abby sometimes gets bored, so I thought a good walk would make her happy. I put her in the stroller and we ended up walking quite a ways. We stopped and bought Abby 3 white powdered donuts from Dunkin' Donuts. She thought that was amazing.
On our return walk we spent some time at her favorite spot--the dog park not far from our house.
My friend Janine took a day off today and called to see if Abby could come and play with her kids Tray and Ivy. Abby loves to play with them and had so much fun as you can clearly see.
While Abby played I worked on an article I am trying to get published and the time went so quickly. I thought I would get more done, but I did make some really necessary edits on what I had already written. Tonight we had an excellent dinner of salmon with Janine, Tray and Ivy and I brought some brownies and ice cream. Sorry Daddy!
We will make some for you in 22 days if you want!
One funny story for the day. . . . Before I picked up Abby I went with one of my favorite piano students, to the teacher she is going to take lessons from when I leave. When I came in and Hannah told him my name he thought I was one of her teen-age friends. Hannah is 16! He thought I was sixteen! Crazy! He could not believe I have a 2 year old daughter and a doctorate degree! It made me feel really good and just made us all laugh!

No comments: