Sunday, August 15, 2010

25 Days Until Daddy

Happy Sunday! We love Sunday's because we get to go to Church and learn about Jesus and see all of our friends. Since Matt is gone Abby needed to come to choir with me and a really sweet girl volunteered to watch her. I could tell that Abby realizes that things aren't normal--such as Matt being gone by the way she reacted. She cried and cried and she is always so good with anyone that wants to play with her. I also think she was tired and so she fell asleep for a little while in her arms. I think next week she is going to play with another couple and they will bring her to Church. That will make her very happy--especially because she can play with their dog Marcus! Here is a picture of our Tempe Ward Building with our friends Carric and Jenny in front.
I had the opportunity today to play a duet with my friend Carly Aylworth. She played "A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief" on the oboe and I played the piano. How blessed I am to make music with Carly! I also was asked to play the part of Mary Magdalene in Primary. I pretended to be her and told the kids about my experience seeing Jesus at the garden tomb. It actually ended up being a really moving experience as I contemplated just what she saw and what a miracle it was. One little girl just sat there starring at me with her mouth open. I love kids!

My friend Natalie sewed me a beautiful circle skirt and gave me a shirt to go with it. Everyone at Church absolutely loved it and I received many compliments. The picture doesn't really show it since I had to set the timer and take the picture. But you get the idea!
Our friends have been so amazing and supportive. Tonight we went to our friends Ben, Stacy, Lucy and Alice for dinner and fun. Abby loves to run and play and their house is the perfect place to do that. We really enjoyed our time with them.

No comments: