Monday, January 17, 2011

My Amazing Mom!

There are so many people that know my wonderful mother [Jen's mother Karen]. Most people think of her as one of the most caring people they have ever known. I think she spends her days thinking of what she can do for all of the people she loves and even those she just comes in contact with. Just last week we found out some sad news regarding my Mom and since many friends read the blog, I thought I should let you know. She has been having health problems for a while now and has confused and baffled doctors. Finally, she was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma or cancer or the bone marrow. It is in stage 2, which is somewhat good news, but it has spread throughout much of her body. She will begin chemo and steroids very soon and I thought that any thoughts and prayers you could send her way would be much appreciated. I've seen the power of prayer and fasting in my life and want the same miracles for her and my family.
I hope she knows just how much we love her and want to help in any way that we can. She is one of the greatest examples in my life and we need her to be around for a very long time! We need her strength, example and love. Thank you Mom for your amazing example and willingness to fight. We love you more than you know.

8 comments:

secondborn said...

Jen, you do have an amazing mom and I am so sorry to hear this. We will certainly be praying for her. Sue Bishop

SonyaB said...

I heard about your mom about a week ago. the Eld Inlet and Tumwater ward held a special fast for her last sunday. Becky emailed me to let me know. Your family has our thoughts and prayers.

Bud & Kim said...

I know that both of you take turns posting so I'm not sure which amazing mom is sick but I'm so sorry to hear that. We will keep your family in our prayers!

TheTaffs said...

So sorry to hear this Jen. She'll definitely be in our thoughts and prayers. Much love to you guys:)

TheTaffs said...

Jen, So sorry to hear about your mom's diagnosis. Lots of prayers headed her way:)

Michelle said...

OH MY GOSH JEN!!!!!!!!!!!! My heart stopped when I read this. I am so sorry. I also wanted to let you know that my Dad has Multiple Myeloma. He was diagnosed 3 years ago. It has been a nasty battle, I'm not gonna lie. My heart, prayers and thoughts are with you all! xoxo

Greg and Tammy said...

I am so sorry to hear that. Our prayers will definitely be with her and your family. Chemo is a beast.

Crystal Nelson said...

We are sorry for the news! She truly is the epitome of charity. We love her tons! It is a hard thing but now maybe because we have a knowledge, we can combat this with her. We love you and we love her! BTW, happy birthday!