Saturday, March 31, 2012

Trip to Utah

During the first weekend of March we all headed to Utah to attend the blessing of our newest nephew, Lincoln. My little brother, Brent and his wife Nicole had him in January and we couldn't wait to meet him. He is adorable! We left in the afternoon of March 1st (Happy Birthday Tiff!) and drove through the night. The van is so wonderful to travel in. We hit a lot of snow as soon as we entered Utah and we thought it would get better as we got further north, thinking it would be plowed. Unfortunately it only got worse! We finally arrive at my brother's in Midvale at almost 4 a.m. We were exhausted and Lily of course was wide awake! She slept a little, but both kids were up before 7.
That next day (Friday) we met Abby's birth Mom Amanda and her husband, Richard, and son, Bradley at a mall food court. We enjoyed talking to them and watching the kids run around. It took Abby a little bit to feel comfortable, but then she was running around as usual. We are glad we could see them and will be
forever grateful to Amanda for giving us the greatest gift.
Ready to meet up with Amanda
Amanda, Richard and Bradley
Amanda and Abby
Abby and Bradley
Cute little Lily!
After we saw Amanda we went back to my brother's house and my parents arrived from Washington and were already enjoying little Lincoln.
Lincoln and Nicole
Cousins!
Saturday morning we ventured down to Provo to go to the BYU Bookstore. It felt good to be on campus again and we wish we could have spent more time there. But we had time to get the girls BYU shirts and even found Abby an adidas warm-up outfit which she wants to wear every single day.
On the way to the Bookstore we stopped at one of my best friends home, Jerilyn. We lived together for so many years and it was so wonderful to see her beautiful family of boys! I miss her so much....
Uncle Matt and Lincoln
Saturday evening an unfortunate turn of events occurred. My parents came down with the flu. This was particularly challenging because my Mom cannot move about without assistance and so my Dad was not only sick himself, but needed to take care of my Mom also. they confined themselves to a room, praying no one else would come down with the flu. The saddest part was that they missed the blessing. They were too sick and as I sat in the blessing I wished I could trade places with them. In answer to all of our prayers, no one else got sick and my parents were able to get well enough to drive back to Washington. I was expressing my amazement to my Dad for being able to drive straight back to Washington after having the flu and taking care of Mom and he said, "It wasn't me." He explained that Brent gave him a blessing before he left and that he did not feel tired once and it was because of the blessing. Miracles happen every day.
Aunt Cynthia and the girls
Everyone getting ready for the blessing
Nicole and Lincoln before the blessing
Jen and Lincoln at the blessing
I am so grateful that we could attend the blessing and be with friends and family. We are truly blessed.

1 comment:

Brent and Nicole said...

We are so glad you guys could be here for the blessing! We had a great time with you and loved getting to spend time together. Can't wait to see you again next month! Love you guys!