Sunday, April 5, 2009

Bangkok

My website analytics reveal somebody in Bangkok has repeatedly visited our blog. I don't know who it is, but here's to you mysterious Bangkok blogger browser.

Bangkok quick facts:
  • capital of Thailand
  • trading post turned capital city in 1768
  • 22nd largest city in the world w/ over 8 million residents
  • #1 tourist destination in Asia
  • popular sports: football (soccer), golf, bowling (go figure)
  • Full Name (according to wikipedia): Krung Thep Mahanakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahinthara Ayuthaya Mahadilok Phop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udomratchaniwet Mahasathan Amon Piman Awatan Sathit Sakkathattiya Witsanukam Prasit
  • source of silly 3rd grade joke that my 32 year-old brother-in-law still thinks is funny ("what is the capital of Thailand?" followed by a quick jab to the genitals)
  • homeland of my childhood best friend's mother, and source of learning her absolutely amazing egg rolls

1 comment:

Chelle said...

Ha! I love this post for 2 reasons. #1- it's dang funny. #2- because I am your mysterious Bangkok stalker! I debated not responding for a while to keep up the confusion... but here I am.

(In case you can't tell who I am from my weird picture on this site, this is Michelle from Midway... ya know... Jen's student.)

I live in Bangkok now. Well... the sad truth is that I'm moving back to the states... tomorrow.

Love the Bangkok facts. I won't tell you how long it took me to understand the joke. Ahem. If you want more info about Thailand in general, my blog is full of em!

The end.