Sunday, April 24, 2011

Arizona Sunshine

Friday, April 15 Abby and I drove to Tempe, AZ. I was nervous about how she would travel since this is her first trip potty trained. She was unbelievable! She held it for over 5 1/2 hours and finally I stopped and took her to the bathroom even though she did not ask. She was a perfect angel on the drive. We sang, listened to music, she read, played with Mickey, Minnie and the Toy Story characters, colored, did flash cards, etc. We had so much fun.
Our trip was full of fun and friends. We stayed with the Taysom's and Abby was able to play with Natalie's niece, Caely a lot. Here they are reading.
Ready for Church.
Saturday we woke up early and went to the Phoenix Zoo with Natalie, Caely, our friends the Jones' and a friend of Natalie's. We saw tigers, lions. . .
Mandrills
and even rode a camel thanks to Natalie's friend!
After baking in the Arizona sun (I forgot how hot it is!) we drove to Bahama Bucks and had a Bahama Mama Rama. So yummy.
After a brief stop at Natalie's Ward barbecue we drove to her Bishop's beautiful home and played in their amazing but very cold pool. It was cold even on my feet! Abby would shake with cold and then get back in! Crazy girl!
Sunday we went to Church in our old Tempe Ward and it was so wonderful to see so many friends. We do miss our Tempe friends!

Sunday afternoon we ate lunch with Carric and Jenny Smolnik.
Our rental car had a flat tire, so Carric took it off, put on the spare, and helped us switch the car. What a pain! Thanks you guys for lunch and all of your help!
Sunday night I attended a mission fireside and the choir I conducted for two years, the Arizona Deseret Choir performed. It was so good to see all of them. I really miss them. Carric is now conducting the choir and they did a beautiful job. I really want to start my own choir!
After the fireside we stopped to see the Jackson family. I taught Cami and Hannah piano lessons and we all became such good friends. Abby loves them so much and Lynn would always spoil her. Hannah played the piano for us and she is playing so well. It is amazing to think of where she was years ago when we began lessons and how beautifully she plays now. Makes me so happy to be a teacher!
I also attended the Mesa Temple while we were in Arizona. It is difficult for us to get to the LA Temple, so I took advantage of a temple so close. It felt so good to escape from the rest of the world and focus on the most important things in life. I am so grateful to Carric for watching Abby so that I could attend the temple.
I already miss the Arizona sunshine!

No comments: