Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter

Well this is definitely an Easter we will not forget. Before we traveled down to LA for Heather's surprise party they had unfortunately experienced the flu. But everyone was better and it had been enough time, that we didn't even think twice. On the way home Saturday Matt felt pretty awful and spent the rest of the day in bed. He was supposed to speak in Church on Easter and I planned on giving his talk for him if he was not well enough. I was also directing the Ward Choir. Then at 4 a.m. I started in with the flu and so we all ended up missing Church. A wonderful woman in our Ward directed the choir and I heard they were wonderful. How can it be Easter Sunday without going to Church?
Abby is so far still healthy (knock on wood) and has been quite bored with her sick parents today. She did open up her Easter basket this afternoon and immediately put together her puzzles. I am sure we will have to fight with the swords later. A friend of hers left his sword at our home and she has played with it a lot. So I found swords for all of us to enjoy.
Abby is such a wonderful little girl. She keeps asking us if we feel better and just wants to be cuddled with. I can't wait to feel better!
While Abby and I were in Tempe Matt worked so hard on our backyard. He finished as much as he can do on the pond. He is going to get some more professional help to do the electrical wiring and pump and filter so that we know it is done right. But just look at all of the rocks he hauled in and put in place. (The tree in front is our clementine tree--it will not go there when it is planted!)
He also put together our raised garden. What an amazing man I married!

1 comment:

proudmamablogga said...

Thanks for the comment! It means a lot coming from a superwoman like yourself. I would love an update-do you have my proudmamablogga email?